Friday, March 9, 2012

11 months

Today marks 11 MONTHS of being Mom to the sweetest boy.

11 MONTHS! That is ALMOST ONE YEAR OLD. Whoa.

I am proud to announce you finally sleep through the night (My glass is currently raised). Eleven hours of beautiful, glorious sleep. 7:45 - 6:45ish is your jam.

I am sad to announce nursing is almost over. I'm a big fan of mama's breastfeeding their babies. My personal goal for both my babies was 12 months...almost got there with Jackson, but due to a little surprise trip to Paris (!!!) we are stopping at 11 months. Right now I'm only nursing once in the morning right when Jackson wakes up, and it just happens to be my favorite time of the day. Probably because I know there are only a couple more days left of this amazing bonding experience. There's just nothing like it.

Other fun news:
Jackson is on the verge of walking. He gets around very well. Any day now and he will be getting around on his own two chubby feet.

There is not a food that our boy doesn't like yet. Mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, berries, beans, burgers, eggs, anything....he will eat it all. We have yet to fill up this kid, we just have to cut him off. Not once has he turned down food. Every single time I open the fridge, Jackson says "Boo-bah" for blueberry (his favorite food). Every. single. time. This family alone could probably support the blueberry farmers of the world. The amount of money we spend on berries is ridic. Can't even imagine how much he will eat as a teenager.

He waves and says "bye-bye" to everyone.

Favorite songs are Itsy Bitsy and the ABC's. He does motions to itsy bitsy, and says "Buh" after B every time I sing the ABC's. Pretty cute. And after both songs, "Aguh!" (translation: Again!)

He calls Lucca "Gaga"

LOVES DOGS AND BIRDS. He woofs at dogs and puts his hand in the sky when he sees a bird.

Loves hiking in the baby backpack

Wears 18 Months clothes!

Teething like crazy this week. Drool coming out both sides of Jackson's mouth, poor little dude. He still has 5 teeth, three on top, two on bottom, but anxiously waiting for a few more to pop up.

We are celebrating Jackson's 1st birthday at the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. How's that for a cool first birthday? Maybe he will be the next Rory, Phil or Tiger godforbid.


I'm so thankful for our strong, healthy, smart and beautiful baby boy. Every day is an adventure. Every day is a blessing. Every day I'm loving that God gave me a boy.



1 comment:

  1. He's the perfect fit to your family. He's the perfect fit to our family. What a special dude.

    ReplyDelete