Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day


January 1st has always been a special day in my family...it was my Grandpa Jack Masters birthday. Many people in my family celebrate him by eating sauerkraut on this day, just as he would be doing if he were still with us. If I could stand the stuff, I would do the same. As I get older and learn more about the great man my grandfather was, it makes me even more proud to have my little guy named after him.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa. Hope we are able to carry on your big personality and humor and sensitivity and love through our own sweet Jack.


1 comment:

  1. My dad would be so honored to know that there is another Jack in the family. You described Grandpa very well. Big personality (a real character!), but with a heart bigger than anyone. To him, family was first and I see that in your family. That is a wonderful legacy he left with all of us. Your son Jackson is an amazing boy and loved immensely.

    ReplyDelete